Monday, January 13, 2014

Uncharted Territories of Me

King of everything, the one who taught the wind to sing...the Source of the Rhythm my heart keeps beating...
It's rather ironic... how WINDY today has been, yet, there's an undeniable *giddiness* and sense of perfect Peace & calm in my heart tonight ~ 
*or... in the words of my friend, Anne, "Holy appropriate Batman!"

Steve and I, along with so many of you, have been praying over, for, and about something very near and dear to my soul. An undeniable calling that I simply can't ignore. Over a series of several weeks and months, I have shared this sincere desire of my heart with many of you and this weekend, Steve and I, together, agreed, "Yes, Lord~ Yes, Lord~ Yes-Yes, Lord, Amen!"

**What a difference the Love & Prayers of a Godly Husband Make!!**

So, for many of you, I don't have to explain how excited I was to read the fortune that unfolded out of my fortune cookie today over lunch. Those words, "winds of change" resonated in my mind and heart, causing me to just about giggle-out-loud. (Thank you, Steven, for your gentle wisdom that reminded me that God does not send His word to us through fortune cookie messages!) But the honest to goodness truth is, God's been speaking these words to my heart a lot lately... and  Yes, Lord... you better believe I've been listening!!

Very soon I will be able to share with you, my kindred prayer warriors, about how God is rearranging priorities my heart in a mighty way. 

God has sent confirmation--after confirmation-- after CON. FIRM. MATION. and I couldn't help but listen! Solely because I've let go of my own selfishness and from the deepest places of my heart, I promised God... "wherever you lead me, I'll go!"

It started with me first being completely and totally honest with God about what was true. Then, not long after that, God whispered, "Drop. Seeds. of Faith." And so I did. God continued to whisper, I will do, "Exceedingly... Abundantly... More... than you could ever ask for or imagine!" In my silly head, it was almost like God sang, "WATCH ME NOW~ HEY!" I especially love how the Message version of this reads:
Exceedingly Abundantly More...

Ephesians 3:20-21

20-21 God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.

Philippians 4:8 The Message (MSG)
8-9 Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

I love that!! Just think!! God's working ME in to His most excellent harmonies! God wants to direct a symphony ~ through ME!

Ever so gently... he's been revealing to me bit by bit in his Word, over and over again throughout this past year that He wants to do a new work in and through me. And as I've let go, clenched-white-knuckled-finger-by-white-knuckled-finger, of my own selfish grip and "comfortableness" God's given me little glimpses of His light shining through all that He created me to be... like the most beautiful kaleidoscope I've ever seen!

And as I've been willing to let God chisel, God has provided me some breathtaking squinty-eye peeks  into places of me so that I am able to see myself through the viewfinder of God's perspective. And I love what I see! 

Just think!! God, the Master Craftsman ~ The Creator of the Universe created me! And His eye for the unusual... for the uncanny... for the unique... for the uncharted territories of myself is equally as notable as Michaelangelo's ability to see his colossal masterpiece the  David, buried inside a block of marble long before his masterpiece emerged
*I know...this is a little weird... but stay with me here...*


See David's eyes? That's how I felt when I first realized that God was calling me out! That he wanted me to step out in faith for a master plan for my life that He designed specifically for me! 



It's the most incredible thing (and yeah, I admit... even a little scary) to hear the voice of God INSIDE OF ME and know that He's calling ME OUT!! Where?? Only God knows! But I stand in awe of just how detailed God has been in His delicate chiseling processes when it comes dealing with me and my own stubborn temper-tantrum-prone will! How He's slowly and ever-so gently helped me to just.let.go... so He could move in my heart in a mighty way!


I've known for a long time that He knows the plans He has for me... plans to give me a hope and a future, but today when I read these words from Ephesians, it almost took my breath away... because now that I've been able to recognize that God's been letting me in on His plans-- suddenly, it dawns on me ~ *giggle* I'm God's APPRENTICE!!  God's made it crystal clear that He has His eye on me for something really exciting! Here's proof:

Ephesian 1: 8-18
He thought of everything, provided for everything we could possibly need, letting us in on the plans he took such delight in making. He set it all out before us in Christ, a long-range plan in which everything would be brought together and summed up in him, everything in deepest heaven, everything on planet earth.
11-12 It’s in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ and got our hopes up, he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone.

So here I stand at the threshold of uncharted territories of me. Not knowing what's on the other side of the door, yet I'm ready to step out in faith and open it and see what God has to reveal to me on the other side!


Today was the day that my dream took its first baby steps out into the light of God's glorious reality!


Tonight, that still small voice of God is speaking a little more loudly than the whispers that I've heard in my heart for so long... 
"Trust in Me, (you silly girl) with alllllll your heart. I've got this! 

Don't depend on your: 
   1. education
              2. rational thinking
                               3. oh-so-limited-narrow-focus                   
4. on your one-thing-at-a-time-understanding. 
Recognize Me for every ray of light that I shine on your path...  In every single step ahead, allow Me privilege of reigning over every anxious fleeting thought about your future. 
I will make the way crystal clear. 
~ Proverbs 3: 5-6 

This morning I heard this song on the radio for the very first time and oh... my... goodness...
Was this EVER confirmation from God that today He, the One who taught the wind to sing, ordained ordained for me to invite him to begin writing a new story on my heart!

1 comment:

  1. God is doing a new thing!! Thanks Angie,love the scripture refrences you used as well as everything else. Luv U , can't wait to see what that new thing is!!

    ReplyDelete